2021 GENERAL ELECTION: ARPAC Supported City Council Candidates
October 8, 2021
Your fellow REALTORS® have worked hard to analyze races, review voting records, and interview candidates. Before you cast your ballot, please consider the candidates that your colleagues have identified as the most qualified to make important decisions that will impact the future of the real estate industry.
The Atlanta REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) supports local candidates in the metro Atlanta area who share our position on issues such as protecting property rights, promoting smart growth, creating affordable housing opportunities, and encouraging economic development -- regardless of partisan affiliation.
Candidate screening interviews took place throughout the month of September and early October. A joint candidate screening sub-committee interviewed candidates running in the City of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Doraville, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Roswell and Sandy Springs. Below is a list of the candidates selected by the sub-committee and approved by the ARPAC Board of Trustees..
Candidates are selected based on their responses to the interview questions, their electability, campaign organization, and where appropriate, their record of support/voting for REALTOR® issues.
City of Atlanta
- Mayor – Andre Dickens
- Post One - At-Large - Michael Julian Bond (Incumbent)
- Post Two – At-Large – Matt Westmoreland (Incumbent)
- Post Three – At-Large – Jodi Merriday (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 3 – Byron Amos (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 4 – REALTOR® Kim Scott (Challenger)
- Council Seat 5 – Samuel Bacote (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 6 – Alex Wan (Open Seat)
- Council Seat 9 – Dustin Hillis (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 10 – Andrea Boone (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 11 – Marci Overstreet (Incumbent)
- Council Seat 12 - Joyce Sheperd (Incumbent)
- Post One - REALTOR® Donna Murphy (Challenger)
- Post Two - Brian Will (Open Seat)
- District Two - John Park (Incumbent)
- District Four - John Funny (Open Seat)
- District One - John Mesa (Incumbent)
- District Four - Elmer Veith (Open Seat)
- City Council - REALTOR® Gerald Evans (Incumbent)
- Post Three - Brian Sims
- Mayor - Brian Weaver (Open Seat)
- Post One - Lee Heard Tucker (Open Seat)
- Post Five - REALTOR® Larry DiBiase (Open Seat)
- Post Five - REALTOR® Michael Dal Cerr (Open Seat)
- Mayor - Rusty Paul (Incumbent)
- District Two - Melody Kelley (Open Seat)
- District Four - Tochie Blad (Challenger)
- District Five - Tibby Dejulio (Incumbent)
About the GRBOR Market Brief
The Greater Rome Board of REALTORS® (GRBOR) Market Brief is compiled by Georgia Multiple Listing Service (GAMLS).For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 404.845.4025.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.
About the Greater Rome Board of REALTORS®
The Greater Rome Board of REALTORS® (GRBOR) has been an instrumental factor in the growth of real estate in Floyd County, Georgia for more than a decade. GRBOR serves as a central source of information for its members, with mainly focusing on real estate education, the promotion of professionalism in the industry and representing REALTORS® members with legislative initiatives to create positive change for the real estate community.
About Georgia Multiple Listing Service
Since 1962 Georgia MLS has been providing real estate professionals with exceptional service, proven technology solutions, and unmatched value. With a laser-sharp focus on making the day-to-day tasks of our MLS subscribers more functional, more productive, and more profitable, we continue to implement the service blueprint that has led to our continued growth. For additional information or to start a discussion about how to partner with GAMLS please contact email@example.com.